As per NLCSA By-Laws, notice is hereby given that the 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Safety Association (NLCSA) will be held on Tuesday, June 20, 2023, at 12:00 noon, for the following purposes:
- To confirm the minutes of the 2022 Annual General Meeting.
- To receive and approve Annual Reports.
- To receive the audited financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2022.
- To appoint Board Members for 2023-2024.
- To appoint Auditors for the year 2023.
In addition, the following amendments to the By-Laws, approved by the NLCSA Board of Directors, will be considered:
Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Safety Association By-Laws – Proposed Amendments:
- By-Laws updated to reflect gender-neutral language (throughout)
- Reference to the Construction Safety Officer updated to reflect National Construction Safety Officer (Part 3, clause 3.01 sub-clause
- Include reference to the new National Health and Safety Administrator (Part 3, clause 3.01 sub-clause 2)
- Board Composition (Part 5, clause 5.02)
- Update language to reflect that the Board will be comprised of no less than 16 and no more than 20 directors.
- Update the table to reflect that the number of positions identified for each stakeholder is a maximum.
- Update references to reflect current names of stakeholder organizations
- Board Vacancies (Part 5, clause 5.06)
- Update the provisions to provide the authority to fill any vacancy on the Board, not just those resulting from a resignation
- Identify a process to fill a vacancy, depending on which stakeholder group the vacancy is from.
- Allow the Board to choose to leave a position vacant provided that the number of directors does not fall below the minimum.
- To provide the Board the authority to appoint a Chair of the Nominating Committee, should the Immediate Past Chair be unable to fulfill this duty. (Part 6, clause 6.05)
- To update the notice provided to members for any proposed amendments to 30 calendar days, to be consistent throughout the By-Laws. (Part 7, Clause 7.01)
The NLCSA is pleased to offer members the option to attend in person or virtually. To RSVP and for meeting details, or to view a copy of the By-Laws with the specific amendments included, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .