With the construction season getting into full swing its important to provide an orientation not only for new workers, but also for seasonal workers who are returning to your job site.
A sample orientation could include:
- Workers‘ rights and responsibilities;
- Safe work practices and procedures;
- Harassment policy;
- Zero tolerance for drug or alcohol use;
- The process for hazard recognition, assessment and control;
- Emergency preparedness and emergency response procedures;
- Introduction to the members of the OHS Committee or Worker Representative, as well as others working with the company;
- Site tour(s); and
- Written statements of the company’s and the workers’ commitment to occupational health & safety.